General Talk and Questions about Sublime
dontdrinkthatwine

Post by dontdrinkthatwine » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:53 am

sobernuts

Post by sobernuts » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:14 pm

summer of 2005. (yes really)

surfer_ed

Post by surfer_ed » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:13 pm

I read the year-end article in Time Magazine in 1996 where they had the best albums of the year and Sublime was in it so I bought the self-titled. My first listen was in LAX.

boss_dj

Post by boss_dj » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:38 pm

when i was 9 i saw them in jersey at the warped tour w/ my sister and her boyfriend. it was my first concert so i thought they were cool as shit. 11 years later and they're still my favorite band.
it all seems so silly in the long run

kchappui

Re: how did u get into sublime

Post by kchappui » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:11 am

HOW CAN YOU NOT GET INTO IT?

creechfan

Post by creechfan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:33 pm

It was meant to be that I am a HUGE Sublime fan! Here’s how..

Some time in the summer of 96’ 97’ I was on vacation with a friend and his family. I was only like 11 or 12 at the time…

My buddy got a’hold of some of his older brothers CD’s, “sublime” was one of those CD’s. We would listen to it every night before bed, laughing and sinning along with caresses me down and what I got. We thought we were really being “bad” by listing to things like riots, pot, “mush room head”, stealing, drinking, cussing ect…
After the vacation I did not listen to sublime for a few years. I was not really “into” music other than the fun “bad” stuff I listened to on vacation.

Fast forward a few years and I found my self walking around our local chain-store rip off music store with my dad, browsing for something…

Anyway, my eyes all of a sudden landed on the original sublime CD that I had listened to all those years back. I got all excited and picked it up. My dad walked over to me and said “your not going to buy that are you?”
I said “yea why not” “cause it’s crap, spend your money on something else” he said “you really want that?” he shot back…

I thought about it, and said yea! I am going to buy this. From what I can remember I really liked this when I was younger….

I popped it into my CD player and brads voice sounded better then ever. All of the songs sounded as if I was hearing them for the first time. Phrases and words had new meanings in my life that they did not (and could not have had) when I was younger. I fell in love with sublime, obsessed myself with sublime, bought the rest of the CD’s and the rest is history!!

Had I not gone with my gut instinct to buy that CD that many years later, who knows who my favorite band would be now! I get chills thinking about it! I say it was meant to be!

-=CreechFan

*B-Ho3*

Post by *B-Ho3* » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:54 pm

i heard doin time on the radio and loved it but it was a college radio station so i didnt know who it was a few weeks later I was going through my brothers cd's and found one labeled sublime listened to it and loved it and heard the doin time song on it so i listened to the rest of it.
ThIs Is JuSt SoMe WrItInG.

mY EmAIl: myemail_420@yahoo.com

Myke

Post by Myke » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:57 pm

i think i first heard sublime in some biking video game...

but my brother wound up leaving their CD in my room one day after he moved out so i took it and listened to it...and viola!
Just let the lovin take a hold, cause it will if you let it.

Smith

Post by Smith » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:35 pm

Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX?

Myke

Post by Myke » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:31 pm

yeah thats it...lol.
Just let the lovin take a hold, cause it will if you let it.

B_Loop_Dub

Post by B_Loop_Dub » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:50 am

when i was like 9 years old... I found "Second hand smoke" in my cousins room at our lake cabin. I took it and listened to it. Really liked it, then in '96 when "what i got" and "Wrong way" were all over MTV, i always liked it. Later in life i just bought some more CD's listened, loved... forever.

XxLyndseexX

Re:

Post by XxLyndseexX » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:04 am

Grew up with it...my sisters and i listened to it a lot and it went uphill from there.