General Talk and Questions about Sublime with Rome
your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Re: Sublime with Rome tour dates!

Post by your mom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:20 pm

doesn't involve you anyway.
so you have no reason to read it.
you will never ever SEE SUBLIME. it's heart and soul died in 1996.

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:08 am

I read the whole thing dude. you know I love you.

its all very intriguing to me. I remember when the dude went all crazy on me awhile back. I don't even remember what that one was about but I'm pretty sure it involved him coming into a topic after the fact and stirring up bullshit. then I stole his sig image and he got real butthurt and it was all downhill from there.
Odano wrote:I'd scale my way up those redwood legs into that canyonesque babymaker of yours!

badfish sawred

Post by badfish sawred » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:50 am

Couldn't have said it better myself. Power to the people ( Sublime people that is).

your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by your mom » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:30 am

ballslaW wrote:I read the whole thing dude. you know I love you.

its all very intriguing to me. I remember when the dude went all crazy on me awhile back. I don't even remember what that one was about but I'm pretty sure it involved him coming into a topic after the fact and stirring up bullshit. then I stole his sig image and he got real butthurt and it was all downhill from there.

oooh yeh... i remember that. he has serious anger issues. and at some point, i realized no matter what i say he was taking it seriously and just getting madder.

hopefully *fingers crossed* he comes back from this little break and doesn't jump back in. but who knows. i mean, it was a whole month... and he immediate started where he left off, last time.

that's obsession. i don't care what dano says. it's like he went to bed every night just waiting to talk shit.

Odano

Post by Odano » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:42 pm

Rome is the only good thing that has ever happened to Sublime. Long Live Rome Ramirez.

But seriously, my main qualm which justifies my spewing of hatred toward that fucking guy is his inability to make a name for himself using his own music. Even the song Lay Me Down by the Dertie Heads, an awesome song featuring him, but why is everything he is getting credit for a "Ft. Rome" joint?

What really, really, really fucking grinds my gears though is hearing "Lay Me Down" on KIIS FM and after hearing some smug piece of shit DJ say "That was the Dirty Heads featuring Rome from Sublime!"

That hurt my heart, soul and body to hear someone on a force-fed tv tube radio station shorthandedly refer to Rome as "of Sublime". No, its Rome of "Sublime with Rome".

If just one person listening becomes aware of Sublime under the pretense of a reference to Rome and consequently are unaware that Sublime existed prior to the "talent" behind Lay Me Down, then Rome is smearing Bradleys good name and hindering my ability to relish in my long-standing love of every aspect of Sublime.

Fuck Rome, and I say that after my level headed explanation of why it is not OK with me that this dude is sullying the good name of Sublime.

-o'dano

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:44 pm

ODANO RULES!
Odano wrote:I'd scale my way up those redwood legs into that canyonesque babymaker of yours!

[Sarah_D_37]
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by [Sarah_D_37] » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:02 am

in this moment, related to this topic and this rant. I agree - O'Dano gets respect....

Rome should die in a fire
"isn't often that I stand up to a challenge, but today I feel I'm fighting for my soul."
--------------------------------------------------------------
I feel a miracle in every breath that I breathe, won't let this miracle end in tragedy. I sense a miracle in all that I see, won't let this miracle slip away from me...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hemp-Hea ... 9349413914

badfish sawred

Post by badfish sawred » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:26 am

Respect it is, :clap: great way to put it out there.

iskateboard27
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by iskateboard27 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:41 am

How much do you want to bet that this isn't his last post here.
I love skateboarding!

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:32 pm

I wonder if that dude has ever looked in the mirror.

your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by your mom » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:05 pm

lol... what a loser.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and... i'm out.

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:28 pm

oh man, I just read that thread that he posted. that shit is still hilarious.

badfish sawred

Post by badfish sawred » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:39 am

I can't believe he is still on here talking trash. Going under a different name every time just to talk about how mean people are on here and then insults most of us. He is the biggest hypocrite. Get a clue and stop posting. Have a nice day! :D

Odano

Post by Odano » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:10 am

I got banned 4 times.

but no one can silence O'dano.

tWINz22
2005 Award Winner
2005 Award Winner

Post by tWINz22 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Odano wrote:I got banned 4 times.

wanna bet? :o

:wink: :lol:

Welcome Home Joe!

MaTTlondonuk

Post by MaTTlondonuk » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Rome isn't Brad. But he does have the sublime spirit.

£0.02

... and,

they are playing,

tomorrow,

and,

I,

don't,

have,

tickets,

Fuck.

But,

I,

am,

still,

going.

:)

Odano

Post by Odano » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:11 pm

tWINz22 wrote:
Odano wrote:I got banned 4 times.

wanna bet? :o

:wink: :lol:

hahah, aw man I Forgot I promised to stop talking shit about baseball hahaha

your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by your mom » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:29 pm

fuck baseball!

MaTTlondonuk

Post by MaTTlondonuk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:11 am

I havent been stoned for fucking ages.

Ok. I went there with no tickets, knowing that 4/5 of what used to be closest friends, going back 6 years, hadnt seen hardly any of them in the last year or two.

So I turn up and the ticket touts are only buying them now.. I ask a guy just behind and hes trying o find a ticket aswell. Then I go to these two guys, they were cool, they also were looking for tickets. Obvously not looking hard enough! - I walked over to a group of two guys and girl handing out flyers.. ask the guywhos wearing a t shirt with red and white stripes, I ask him if he has a spare ticket perchance - and the guy GAVE me a ticket for Free. Fucking sweet. He said no dont give me any money I feel bad that I ve got so many tickets, have it for free. Well I was fucking happy about this and joined the queue!

Sat up in the 1st level with these two guys from Norway, sat with them for a bit telling them of my magnfcent stroke of luck. Then I turn around sensing someone I know his here, and theres two mates one I hadnt seen for a couple of years whos just had a baby, and so I jump up out my seat and join them.

It was like I went back in time 6 years.

I thouht Sublime were over man, only on recordings, to see bud and eric live was awesome.

The Skints were supporting who are friends with friends of mine, also check out Wonk Unit.

The Skints put on a fucking great show , and then SUblime with rome came on and the crowd went pretty wild.

There was something missing without a doubt - it was tinged with this sadness for me as Rome cannot b compared to Brad - and to be honest he seems a bit young - with two older Buds and Erics playing with him - was weird in a way.

But I'm glad I went.

I'll see if I can get a video up that my mate took

sublime rock on

Post by sublime rock on » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:16 am

Well I went to the show in manchester and it was better than I expected (i.e. I wasn't pumped about seeing them) but it still felt underwhelming in the end. The best way to describe it is it was like seeing them at karaoke or a diluted version of sublime. For what it's worth I feel kinda bad for rome as he clearly tries, he's just lacking in the fact he's not bradley and it's something he'll never overcome. My girlfriend doesn't even like sublime that much but she said a few times that he's 'ruining it'. I wouldn't go that far but it wasn't as spectacular as most bands are when you see them live.

The set they played in Manchester was quite good, however the mood certainly went flat between less known / their original songs. It was like being at two different concerts. They played most of the popular songs i.e. wrong way, what i got etc. really the only one that they didn't play was caress me down which I was a bit disappointed about.

As a side note, the msuci was actually quite good, the vocals of rome weren't the best (but also weren't helped by the shitty sound levels imo), there were a couple of times (most noticeably on santeria) where rome couldn't keep up with the music but in general it was ok.

Oh and another thing, there were quite a few douches in the crowd, mostly girls. People who only sang along to one or two words in the most popular songs etc. There was one guy who said 'finally a song we know' despite the fact that practically every song they played was a popular sublime song :-? *facepalm*

Well it was worth going, if only to say I went and it's something I probably would have regretted / built up to be something spectacular had I not gone, but honestly if they came again I don't think i'd go. And certainly not for the price they charged. I can't believe we got the 'skints' as a support act but america got matisyahu, dirty heads etc. unbelievable.

Odano

Post by Odano » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:07 pm

sublime rock on wrote: really the only one that they didn't play was caress me down which I was a bit disappointed about.

Mucho gusto, me llamo BRADLEY

badfish sawred

Post by badfish sawred » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:59 am

He means they don't play that song because of the first lyric where Bradley indroduces himself. Which right there tells you something. Everyone says the same critique when they come back from the concert. DISAPPOINTED!!!!! :D

Pablo
2006 Award Winner
2006 Award Winner

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Odano wrote:
sublime rock on wrote: really the only one that they didn't play was caress me down which I was a bit disappointed about.

Mucho gusto, me llamo BRADLEY

Así es !