singing and playing at the same time

Share and update guitar / bass tabs
TT Lo

singing and playing at the same time

Post by TT Lo » Sat May 13, 2006 9:57 am

k so i got my acoustic and learned how to play tabs and i'm doin pretty good with it considering i've only had my guitar for like four or five months, i practise a lot, but not because i think 'oh fuck i need to practise', but simply because i'm bored and theres nothing else to do, which is dope cause then its not even like practising its just chillin, but heres my problem- songs that i can both sing AND play seperately seem to be impossable for me to sing and play at the same time, i find it real hard to concentrate on playin as soon as i start singing, i know i just need to practise doin it and shit, but do any of you have any tips on how to get better at singing and playing at the same time?

much appriciated
We're only gunna die from our own arrogence, that's why we might as well take our time

Chris Ruiz

Post by Chris Ruiz » Sat May 13, 2006 11:24 pm

I used to have the same problem.The only thing I can say is that it will flow better with practice.I used to have trouble keeping timing and singing, now, I can do both.I would suggest playing the song slow and singing so you get used to singing the lyrics over the chord progression.Then just would it up to tempo.Hope this helps a bit.

cornerstone27

Post by cornerstone27 » Sun May 21, 2006 4:52 pm

do you mean playing chords or like playing or individual melodies? practice will no doubt make singing with chords easier but playing individual melodies and singing is hard...dave matthews is pretty tight doin that though