Anyone else sick of...

General Talk and Questions about Sublime with Rome
your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Re: Anyone else sick of...

Post by your mom » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:48 am

yeh, now. but she was singing her ass off since she was 17. these new pop star actresses are fully tuned. it did used to be for minor fixes, but it's being severely abused now.

i think it was rolling stone that did a piece on it... or spin. i can't remember, but it was talking about how hip hop changed the game, and exposed it. and that they can take someone that can't sing, at all, and create a pop star.
you will never ever SEE SUBLIME. it's heart and soul died in 1996.

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:59 am

right. I get all of that. I'm telling you that good vocalists have always been auto-tuned and always will be. unless you hear that a band "played to tape" then you can pretty much assume that their music was digitally altered. there's various levels of editing that sort of thing. sometimes its just fixing minor imperfections, sometimes its replacing every snare hit with a sampled snare hit so they all sound exactly the same. sometimes its one word that's a half octave off that gets tuned, sometimes its an entire song that's 4 octaves off. you can delicately edit and tune music without it losing its emotion and raw feeling.

hip hop didn't expose shit. they simply took a production element and misused it. long before that we knew that britney or ashlee simpson couldn't sing. we didn't need will.i.am to show us that.
Odano wrote:I'd scale my way up those redwood legs into that canyonesque babymaker of yours!

your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by your mom » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:05 am

ah. i see. i didn't know they couldn't sing... at all. i thought they at least kinda could. a little. not, not at all. im glad i have boys. justin bieber would be the end of my teetering sanity.

awe... britney. i feel bad for her, she looks like she's dead inside. like the robot pop star hollywood intended her to be.
you will never ever SEE SUBLIME. it's heart and soul died in 1996.

Pablo
2006 Award Winner
2006 Award Winner

Post by Pablo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:19 am

I listened the other day snoop's new song -totally auto-tuned- the song was totally crap.

Oh god, why music has to be so shitty nowdays.. i keep my theory, that the 90s were the last decade that had good music.

Odano

Post by Odano » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

In conclusion: the increase in technology is being used for superficial things.. another example here.

What is really happening though, is the human element is being taken out of music (much as in things like engineering with the development of more advanced comptuer programming like CAD) so pretty soon music is only going to consist of hot girls and handsome guys with ghost-writers and studio salvation.

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:12 pm

that's certainly a dismal and not completely unrealistic view.

there are still plenty of bands making honest music that doesn't suck. as long as we keep supporting the good ones they won't go away.
Odano wrote:I'd scale my way up those redwood legs into that canyonesque babymaker of yours!

Pablo
2006 Award Winner
2006 Award Winner

Post by Pablo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:26 am

well.. i gotta admit, you can always find decent stuff, on the underground scenes.

chica me tipo

Post by chica me tipo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:04 am

with love from holland

Pablo
2006 Award Winner
2006 Award Winner

Post by Pablo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:13 am

Those guys were high on hash.

chica me tipo

Post by chica me tipo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:53 am

Thats real talent man, no auto tune. And yah probably a bit high, drunk at least.
with love from holland