Why I'm Going On Thursday

General Talk and Questions about Sublime with Rome
ukbadfishtoo

Why I'm Going On Thursday

Post by ukbadfishtoo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:25 am

I've been a fan of Sublime since I bought their self-titled album in about 1997 on a whim. I seriously love their music (http://lullabiesfromagiantgoldenradio.b ... album.html) and would have loved the chance to see them live, but I'm not sure if they even toured over here in the UK if I had discovered them while Bradley was alive.

So, when I found out that Bud and Eric were in something called Sublime With Rome and were playing my hometown, I had to think long and hard about whether I wanted to go see them. The videos I've seen on YouTube look alright, I quite like Rome's voice, and it would give me the chance to hear songs that I never thought I'd hear played live.

But Bradley was Sublime, all of the lyrics are so personal to him, and the lawsuit from his estate over the use of the name... I've seen someone say that SWR are against his wishes, which I don't think you can assume from him getting the legal rights to his name. He might have wanted his buddies to get the chance to play his music well over a decade later for all the fans who never got to experience it, we can't say for sure.

So I'm going on Thursday and I'm really excited. It's not Sublime, not really, but I'm taking an open mind, an open heart and a big smile.

badfish sawred

Re: Why I'm Going On Thursday

Post by badfish sawred » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:40 am

I hope you get everything you want out of this concert, and FUN!!!!! :D