Rome Love

General Talk and Questions about Sublime with Rome
aussie fan

Rome Love

Post by aussie fan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:41 am

Hey all. just wanna drop in to mention the fact that i'm lovin Rome's work on the mic. I have always loved what Sublime have done in the past and now with Rome steppin up, look forward to seeing what happens next. Keep up the good work!! Love and Peace to Bradly always!

sublime on acid
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Re: Rome Love

Post by sublime on acid » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:48 am

im not.

anyway

im moving this to other bands... cuz sublime with rome is not sublime

your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by your mom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:44 am

rome's a lame ass copy cat with no originality.
you will never ever SEE SUBLIME. it's heart and soul died in 1996.

aussie fan

Post by aussie fan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:52 pm

i guess some people get hooked up on all the wrong things and forget about the music, Bud and Eric seem to approve, oh yeah, but i guess there not Sublime right!!!!!

iskateboard27
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by iskateboard27 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Eric + Bud + Bradley = Sublime

Eric + Bud + Rome = Shit
I love skateboarding!

D-FENZ42
2007 Award Winner
2007 Award Winner

Post by D-FENZ42 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:15 am

aussie fan wrote:i guess some people get hooked up on all the wrong things and forget about the music, Bud and Eric seem to approve, oh yeah, but i guess there not Sublime right!!!!!
They would be part of Sublime, hence why it isn't whole.
5 Dollars wrote:butt plugs rule

Odano

Post by Odano » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:43 am

Sublime sucks worse than SLighty Stoopid

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:39 pm

something is lost in translation here.
Odano wrote:I'd scale my way up those redwood legs into that canyonesque babymaker of yours!

5 Dollars
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by 5 Dollars » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:42 pm

You guys are all sounding like a bunch of assholes! Maybe you should explain to this nice new member of the board that Sublime w/ Rome goes against Bradley's wishes and the wishes of his family...and THAT'S why we are against it! Don't be petty...talking shit about Rome? Really? Are you 12 years old guys? Come on. Keep it on point. This isn't about Rome, it's about Sublime and Bradley.
I'm old now.

sublime on acid
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by sublime on acid » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:45 pm

ok ok ok

iskateboard27
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by iskateboard27 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:39 pm

I'm almost 12.
I love skateboarding!

your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by your mom » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:11 pm

they're... not there.

rome sucks balls.

Patrick Bateman
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by Patrick Bateman » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:02 am

rome would be cool if he was on the street playing for coins

or handing me a dry towel in the men's room @ sears II

sublime on acid
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by sublime on acid » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:14 am

its not sears II, is K-mart

your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by your mom » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:15 pm

weren't you told to fuck off.

oh, those horrible old school fans and their want to protect the integrity of sublime. the SHAME!

we're just not fans of bands selling out their dead singers with copy cat wanna bes to cash in on the name.

it's never been and never will be about the music.

GoinPostal

Post by GoinPostal » Thu May 27, 2010 11:36 pm

ehh this same shit happened with the doors... When the Guitarist and Keyboardist wanted to get back together... they had be called Robby Kreiger and the other guys name from the doors.... this crap is going to happen just accept it lol if anythin it means that Brad did such a badass job that people will pay to see someone who wants to be him lol... Imitation is the biggest form of flattery right?

anyway... i appreciate the ability to be able to see bud and eric play live, rome for that matter, is just a stand in... Ive watched videos online, havnt had a chance to see them live, but to me he just lacks soul and showman ship i think we all agree with that... he kinda reminds me of that kid that thinks hes cool so hes like "Yo! dude sup man!" "Aight word bro! peace out!"

Im actually looking forward to see what this kid can put out if they start recording, prob going to be shit, but hey u never know... does anyone know if this is goin to happen?

btw if they record covers and sell that... im prob gonna hunt down rome and kick him in the balls
Gonna make a new sig when i get back to school and have access to photoshop... that one was assssss

your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by your mom » Fri May 28, 2010 12:12 am

i don't have to accept shit.
nor be a fan of it.

or buy their shitty covers.

sublime was and is fine, the way it was.

GoinPostal

Post by GoinPostal » Sun May 30, 2010 3:11 am

I guess i wasn't asking you to "accept" it more or less to "understand" it. which i guess you do.

Umm. Yeah i didn't really realize how long it was until i finished. To sum it up I'm a relatively new fan but I consider myself a Sublime fan as they had introduced me to all the music I listen too today (Justified and explained bellow) and never had the opportunity to see Eric or Bud live (In response to you complaining about people using this excuse on another thread).

I can tell you are really passionate about your beliefs on this situation, whats life with out passion right, and i respect that. I am starting to completely understand a lot of your arguments, and find myself agreeing with what of you guys are saying. I feel like a complete asshole for disagreeing with some of these ideas at times and feel bad calling myself a Sublime fan.

I believe, unfortunately I fall into that category of new generation sublime fans, as I am 21 years old. So I guess I can KIND OF speak from their point of view, or at least make an argument for mine.

I was never really into music too much, mainly because I hadn't found a band I could become passionate about. When i first heard a Sublime song it was in the game Dave Mirra BMX. If you've ever played that game you know What I Got is in the sound track, at the time the level that that song was on was one of my favorites only because of that song. At the time I still didn't care much for music.

It wasn't until a few years later a friend talked me into going to a RHCP concert when I started getting into music. From there I started listening to 311 and it wasn't long until another friend recommended to listen to 3 songs by Sublime; What I Got, Santeria and April 29th 1992. I instantly became a fan as I remember What I Got from the Dave Mirra game. That night I remember very well. I went on to limewire and typed in "Sublime" and downloaded everything that came up. I remember listening to Right Back and Saw Red for a month straight on my iPod. But at the time (4 years ago) Sublime was still an obscure interest and I did not really know much about them.

The following year we had to write a paper for my humanities class about a CD. Over that year I had listen to the songs more and more, i think i only had 40oz to freedom and self-entitled album at the time, and i decided to write a paper on the self-entitled one. During my research i learned about the bands story, Brads story and really began to understand the music, not just listen to the music. The paper kind of became a tribute to Brad.

That summer i bought a guitar and started learning some songs and started adding to my collection of punk,reggae,ska and started listening to bands like pepper,slightly stoopid, and LBDA and LBSB. The time I found out about these bands it was the summer of 2007. Unfortunately being fresh out of high school, and not knowing anyone that was into the same music (the kid who recommended sublime was only a Santeria and What I Got fan) and had no one to go to concerts of LBDA or LBSB (I dont even know if they were around at the time) but i was a loner amongst my friends listening to "Hippie" music.

The following year i spent at a county college, being a loser, didnt talk to anyone just in and out of class, but i did add to the rest of my sublime collection.

When Everything Under the Sun came out, i immediately picked up a copy along with Lies Tales and Exaggerations or what ever that is called.

Here's where the story gets good. Two years ago I went away to college, to meet new people, and found myself in a group of friends who were passionate about the same music as i was, but many of them didn't even know that Bradley had passed away. While they listened to the music, they did not understand it.

I would always try to stir up conversations about Sublime with them, but as I figured they were all rather clueless. Many of them had the nerve to come to me and be all excited and say "Did you hear Sublime got back together" to which i replied "Wow fucking really? Im so happy you told me this!" (Sarcasm)

So I guess I can make the argument that:
1. I have never had the chance or been aware enough to see bud or eric live until recently
2. Would like to see them in concert for that reason (Also i have just recently started playing bass (recently as in like 2 weeks ago) and would like to see eric)
3. Decided that no, i would not buy a new CD by Sublime w/ Rome.
4. If they chose a different name, i would download it lol.

Sorry for giving you my life story, if you even read it, doubt it.

Hopefully, you can understand where I come from in my point of views about this issue, and perhaps other fans like myself.
Gonna make a new sig when i get back to school and have access to photoshop... that one was assssss

your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by your mom » Sun May 30, 2010 2:07 pm

tl;dr

GoinPostal

Post by GoinPostal » Sun May 30, 2010 11:17 pm

lol exactly

5 Dollars
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by 5 Dollars » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:14 pm

dejected wrote:tl;dr
lol!
I'm old now.

Patrick Bateman
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by Patrick Bateman » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:17 pm

right, its like coming home on friday night and doing your homework right away so that your saturday night is free to just party

Alison Silversun

Post by Alison Silversun » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 pm

but why the fuck did rome cover whatever you like ?? i mean I liked it when T.I. sung it on mtv or the box or whatever but its a commercial song not a song that a usual guy that is inluence by sublime would cover don't ya think

I like whatever you like I even dance to it in my room when I was on my own in the netherlands b8t from all the effing songs he could cover it came up in his head to cover that one
There's nothing more than something than

chica me tipo

Post by chica me tipo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:32 am

Patrick Bateman wrote:right, its like coming home on friday night and doing your homework right away so that your saturday night is free to just party
I used to come home on friday dump my bags in the corner.. Party all weekend, sleep all sunday and wake up on monday morning doing my homework on the bike to school (Holanda here).

Whats that about?
with love from holland

chica me tipo

Post by chica me tipo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:32 am

Im a teacher now by the way lol, how the hell did that happen?
with love from holland