Sublime Thoughts fom the 'lyric & style' POV

General Talk and Questions about Sublime
JEB44

Sublime Thoughts fom the 'lyric & style' POV

Post by JEB44 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:54 pm

I have been readin' these & all of the songs are written from a deep deep dark helpless place called addiction, even if he was clean while writing, addiction is a neverending battle w/ a rollercoaster of non stop emotion. So I think he went w/ his feelings at whatever time he was writing at that particular moment. To quote Bradley "Man lyrics are hard" I think it really shows the ups and downs of addiction. I think music was Brad's escape, thats why its such 'feel good' music ....even though most their songs had addiction inuendo ..... its happy 'let the lovin take ahold' type music that does not fall under any one category. I've heard people 'categorize' them & I hate it but I can't disagree lol because they fall into so many different styles, they can go from slow, almost country, then change to punk, heavy metal.....ALL IN ONE SONG. I just refer to it as 'FuNkY FreSH StYLee' LOL. The passion & soul in Brad's voice and the way the band played off & complimented each other, and losing him right before they 'blew up', I hate using this term, but they are the best band that never was. I am totally GraTeFuLfor what we did get and will listen to Sublime til the day I die, but I believe they coulda changed the whole music scene.