Date Rape

General Talk and Questions about Sublime
brian1000

Date Rape

Post by brian1000 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:04 pm

I've always thought it was odd that the line "line skin and light blue eyes" was in this song. It must be that you guys are so scared of political correctness that you didn't want to offend anyone. So what it boils down to is that your a bunch of pussies. Is there ANY data supporting the idea that blue eyed white men are more often times rapists than other men. Of course not. The song probably would have been more accurate if it said "dark skin and dark brown eyes". But your all too big of pussies to have made a song that said that. If you can't be objective because your a pussy then pick out a differnt subject matter to write about. Overall I do appreciate that you guys are talented but this song has offended me every time I have heard it.

iskateboard27
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Re: Date Rape

Post by iskateboard27 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:18 pm

You're trollin!

Political correctness was the last thing on the band's mind. The story ends with the man getting raped in the ass in prison. Sublime has many songs themed around drug use, underage hookers, sex, and violence with anti gay slurs and foul language scattered throughout them. Hardly considered PC.

Who cares what race the majority of rapists in history have been. Somewhere, believe it or not, there has been a blonde haired blue eyed rapist so I don't see the big deal.

You're the one that gets offended every time you listen to the song. We all know who the real pussy is here, guys.
I love skateboarding!

brian1000

Post by brian1000 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:55 pm

I know how the song ends, btw- you look like an idiot for posting that. Make no mistake about it, this was PC cowardice. The song really says a lot about our society too. If the song was clearly about a black rapist it probably never would have been allowed on the radio. These guys totally helped to enable the sub citizen standard that has been placed on light skinned males in our country to day. Through the making of this song. They showed the country anglos are unfairly and inaccuratley in this country, unlike the other citizens. Then you come along, blindly supporting an agenda you can't evey see or rationalize.

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:27 am

Are you really this angry about a song written 20 years ago? And did you really come here to flame a guy who died 15 years ago? I don't think he's gonna see your post. Sorry dude.

What are you? A troll or some self-proclaimed intellectual who thinks he's on to something? Well, either way, you're a little late to the debate.
Odano wrote:I'd scale my way up those redwood legs into that canyonesque babymaker of yours!

spamanda
2007 Award Winner
2007 Award Winner

Post by spamanda » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:45 am

Maybe the "light skin and light blue eyes" was a tribute to the friend of the band who ispired the song after he said "If it wasn't for date rape I'd never get laid," at a party.

You're a weirdo.
Bald guys do it better

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:53 am

where did he go?
Odano wrote:I'd scale my way up those redwood legs into that canyonesque babymaker of yours!

JohnnyLurg

Post by JohnnyLurg » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:33 am

I always pictured the date rapist as really fat because he was described as having a double chin.