Ever think there will be a sublime movie?

General Talk and Questions about Sublime
GoinPostal

Ever think there will be a sublime movie?

Post by GoinPostal » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:17 pm

I was just talking to a couple of my friends today, and we couldn't think of one person who hasn't heard of Sublime. Personally, the bands legacy and story has always interested me. Everyone has heard of them, knows about them, not many people know about the story though, which upsets me the most.

So do you guys think there will ever be a movie based on Sublime?

I know the Doors have a movie... What was their popularity after Jim Morison's death. I also think there is a movie kinda based off Nirvana. I was not around during the time of the deaths of these musicians and was curious about the feeling about these bands/musicians after their deaths. Like where people expecting movies about them?
Last edited by GoinPostal on Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gonna make a new sig when i get back to school and have access to photoshop... that one was assssss

stevie
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Re: Ever think there will be a sublime movie?

Post by stevie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:57 am

I am confused as to how you can write all that, with the last statement thrown in there all sticking it to us like.

I have half a mind to delete this thread just for that.

We do not support the "new" band here. We only support Sublime with Brad.

Thanks for your honesty but watch your cornhole around here.

GoinPostal

Post by GoinPostal » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:56 am

srry dude i didnt realize that u guys were hating on this untill after i wrote that... havnt been on in a while and was just checkin up on stuff...

p.s i find it kind of odd that people that support the kind of stuff that Brad preached... r such haters, but thats a conversation for another time... n i probably just killed my thread lol
Gonna make a new sig when i get back to school and have access to photoshop... that one was assssss

Joe B.
2006 Award Winner
2006 Award Winner

Post by Joe B. » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:48 am

No, there will probably never be a sublime movie.
Martin Luther King Jr. wrote:Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.

your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by your mom » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:59 am

there was a play, "badfish" ... i went up to L.A. to see it, back in 2003 or 04... can't quite remember. but, it was pretty good.

i thought thatt kid was talking about a screenplay, but i'm not positive.

i wish he'd run it again. i'd totally take the new boy toy and go see it again.

GoinPostal wrote:p.s i find it kind of odd that people that support the kind of stuff that Brad preached... r such haters, but thats a conversation for another time... n i probably just killed my thread lol

i freaking hate this "sublime are about love and peace" bullshit. they were PUNKS, too! you think if you came up talking shit to brad about something he was passionate about he was gonna sit down and talk it out? do you people that have this weird idea about sublime actually LISTEN to sublime?
you will never ever SEE SUBLIME. it's heart and soul died in 1996.

GoinPostal

Post by GoinPostal » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:16 pm

no vacancy wrote: i freaking hate this "sublime are about love and peace" bullshit. they were PUNKS, too! you think if you came up talking shit to brad about something he was passionate about he was gonna sit down and talk it out? do you people that have this weird idea about sublime actually LISTEN to sublime?
actually i sat n thought about that for a while... I kinda agree with you. i was trying to think of all the songs i know that are about peace and love and all that
shit... and the only thing i could really come up with was.... what i got... with that songs popularity im sure it brings through alot of hippie sublime fans that only know that song and maybe santeria, and badfish if your lucky.

I kinda always pictured Brad as somewhat as an insecure little kid in a way, shy and good at heart, but with this amazing talent that he used to over come these insecurities, but that lead to heroin and you know the rest. correct me if im missing something on that....

idk i guess what i was trying to say is... i know it can never be the same, it never will and never can be, but i also dont think its fair to eric and bud at the same time. And i thought everyone would be excited to have someone pick up were Brad left off, whether or not if Rome is the guy for this is up for debate, but im excited to see what Eric and Bud can come up with, as far as the singer, he should try to develop his own style, but as far as im concerned thats kinda irrelevant cause it will never be as good as Brad.

your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by your mom » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:29 pm

GoinPostal wrote:i thought everyone would be excited to have someone pick up were Brad left off

fuuuuuuccckkkk no!

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:30 pm

we already know what bud and eric are capable of. they couldn't keep their bands together.

now they're taking the easy road.

and I don't think anyone wants to someone to pick up where brad left off. the lead singer dying is a pretty good bookend to any band...especially when they probably made more money after his death. frankly, everyone should be happy that sublime got as big as they did post brad. leave well enough alone and move on. if you (bud and eric) can't make it on your own (lbdas, shortbus, etc) then maybe you should find a day job since you can't function without brad.

I don't think brad is a god like a lot of people here. I think he's just another junkie who lost the war who happened to be a musician. and became famous when he died. now what does that say about bud and eric?
Odano wrote:I'd scale my way up those redwood legs into that canyonesque babymaker of yours!

GoinPostal

Post by GoinPostal » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:56 pm

yeah i see where ur coming from, honesty lbda and shortbus never grew on me they had a couple of good songs each but that was about it.

I feel like this entire thing is a bit of a publicity stunt, Bud and Eric going against Brads family seems a little weird to me. If it is and they come out with a cd with a new name, im curios to see how it will do. Seems like a perfect plot, they show up at some place play a show as "Sublime" then get "sued" by the family, and gets everyone's attention, the fans demand they change their name, when they do the fans actually listen to their music, if its good they buy it.

For a while i was a little optimistic about the whole Rome thing, but after reading around here last couple of days... im actually a little pissed at bud and eric lol

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:02 pm

if they make a new band with rome and can't exclusively play sublime songs then I'm sure that will fail just like their other bands that have attempted to do the same thing.

as we've said in numerous threads here, they know this is their only chance to make money again.
Odano wrote:I'd scale my way up those redwood legs into that canyonesque babymaker of yours!

GoinPostal

Post by GoinPostal » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:52 pm

yeah true.....

i guess an ideal situation for me with this would be, they come out with a new CD with heavy influences from OGS (Original Gansta Sumblime) but also develop their own sound. Maybe even remake a couple of songs... as far as the concerts go, if i wanted to go to see them, i would not be disappointed if they busted out some OGS songs.. but made the show more about their music instead of OGSs music.

vivid

Post by vivid » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:03 am

what the hell is OGS?
Tiocfaidh ár lá

jj_ob

Post by jj_ob » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:26 pm

GoinPostal wrote:OGS (Original Gansta Sumblime)
????

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:24 pm

there's no need to qualify bud, eric and brad as the "OG sublime" since that is the only sublime that exists.

GoinPostal

Post by GoinPostal » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:47 pm

that was a really bad joke lol

vivid

Post by vivid » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:03 am

it wasnt a joke, it was a FACT
Tiocfaidh ár lá

jj_ob

Post by jj_ob » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:45 pm

GoinPostal wrote:that was a really bad joke lol
as you "lol"

ballslaW
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by ballslaW » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:43 pm

vivid wrote:it wasnt a joke, it was a FACT

that's what I thought too.

your mom
2008 Award Winner
2008 Award Winner

Post by your mom » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:54 pm

who has a IMDB pro account?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1146155/

jj_ob

Post by jj_ob » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:23 pm

no vacancy wrote:who has a IMDB pro account?

Whaaaa???

The producers better be down with "the estate"

Pablo
2006 Award Winner
2006 Award Winner

Post by Pablo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:53 pm

What the hell.. :think:
GoinPostal wrote:yeah i see where ur coming from, honesty lbda and shortbus never grew on me they had a couple of good songs each but that was about it.
When i was 14-15 (now im about to turn 23).. LBDAS grew up on me enormously (till today), it was the closest thing to Sublime - back in the day - (all the official "sublime pose" were members of the band), and they didnt try to be like Sublime at all, "Right Back" and "Wonders of the World" are 2 master pieces albums, its a fuckin shame that for drug problems (as i know).. they broke up. I dig LBSBus but never grew up on me like LBDAS did.

And i dont support this new Sublime thing with Rome since the begining. Sublime is Sublime. (eric-brad-bud)

The only band that should reunite is LBDAS.

sublime_gurl

Post by sublime_gurl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:28 pm

well if they can start making a Nirvana movie why couldn't they make a Sublime movie??

I highly doubt it will ever be made, but if they did that would be fucking sick!
"good music is good music and that should be enough for anybody" -Bradley James Nowell-
-----------------------------------------------------------
"What's your name? Cisco Kid. Si. Poncho's name is, Poncho."
------------------------------------------------------------

chris
2009 Award Winner
2009 Award Winner

Post by chris » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:13 pm

dejected wrote:who has a IMDB pro account?

great find space
-- Banned from using Sigs for a while --

chica me tipo

Post by chica me tipo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:23 am

sublime_gurl wrote:well if they can start making a Nirvana movie why couldn't they make a Sublime movie??

I highly doubt it will ever be made, but if they did that would be fucking sick!
Nirvana had loads more mainstream success than Sublime.

Im wondering what that find Space has made is all about though.
with love from holland

sublime_gurl

Post by sublime_gurl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:38 pm

chica me tipo wrote:
sublime_gurl wrote:well if they can start making a Nirvana movie why couldn't they make a Sublime movie??

Nirvana had loads more mainstream success than Sublime.

Im wondering what that find Space has made is all about though.
which to me is kinda sad.. I wish Sublime had that much mainstream
"good music is good music and that should be enough for anybody" -Bradley James Nowell-
-----------------------------------------------------------
"What's your name? Cisco Kid. Si. Poncho's name is, Poncho."
------------------------------------------------------------