**SUBLIMESPOT FAQ** Read this 1st! (Updated 9/30/05)

General Talk and Questions about Sublime
D-FENZ42
2007 Award Winner
2007 Award Winner

**SUBLIMESPOT FAQ** Read this 1st! (Updated 9/30/05)

Post by D-FENZ42 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:25 am

FAQ

*****Updated: 09/30/2005*****

Webpage version available here.{Webpage not updated}

By popular demand, we have posted this list of frequently asked questions for your viewing pleasure. Please check here before going off and asking a zillion questions because chances are that the answer is right here, you crazy fools.

Questions

* What does heina mean? Ruca? Sancho? Mexi (Mixie)?
* Where is Brad buried? Is there anyplace where we can send money, etc.?
* Did Sublime do a cover of No Woman No Cry, et al.?
* What are Brad Bucks and how do I get more?
* What are the different ranks I can attain via posting?
* What are these "Sublimespot Awards" I keep reading about?
* Who's this Raleigh Theodore Sakers cat?
* How can I join the Sublimespot Fan Files?
* What are the names of all the Sublime Albums? Bootlegs?
* Where can I get Sublime Merchandise?
* How can I support Sublimespot.com?

* How do I add a picture to my signature? Upload an avatar?
* Why is the song called April 29th, 1992, but in the song he says April 26? What's the deal? Why are these dates important anyways?
* Who/what is KRS-ONE? What does it stand for?
* What does "187" mean?
* When are Brad/Eric/Bud's birthdays?
* What are some other bands that sound like Sublime or that have connections to Sublime? Other Long Beach groups? Tribute bands?
* Who are Matt and Kelly Vargas? How about Opie Ortiz?

What does heina mean? Ruca? Sancho? Mexi (Mixie)?

* Heina is Spanish/Mexican slang for your woman or girlfriend.
* Ruca is the other woman.
* Sancho is your woman's other man.
* Mexi (or Mixie, depending on who you ask) was another woman Brad liked. Could be Mexi, because in Caress Me Down, he talks about a woman on the other side, i.e., the other side of the border, in Mexico.

Where is Brad's memorial? Is there anyplace where we can send money, etc.?

* Brad was actually cremated, and his ashes were scattered in the surf, but there is a memorial, outside of Anahiem.

Westminster Memorial Park
(Orange County California).
South end of the park on Shakespeare Lane
Section 31, Grave 114, Marker 7
14801 Beach Boulevard
Westminster, CA 92683
Telephone: (714) 889-9901
Click Here for more info on the memorial and plans for visits, etc.

Did Sublime do a cover of No Woman No Cry, et al.?

* No, the group Murder One in fact did the version of No Woman, No Cry often attributed to Sublime. Click here for more info on Sublime's other covers.

What are Brad Bucks and how do I get more?

* Brad Bucks are a fun little addition to the board. You can earn bucks for your first 10 posts of everyday, as well as for starting popular topics, or as awards/rewards from Chris and the mods. We'll have games and contests revolving around the bucks, a little something to make the Spot more interactive for everyone involved. Click here for the dirt on the bucks.

What are the different ranks I can attain via posting?

* 0-25 posts is a Crazy Fool
* 25-100 posts is a Badfish
* 100-250 posts is a Boss DJ
* 250-500 posts is a Cisco Kid
* 500-750 posts is a Pool Shark
* 750-1000 posts is a Secret Tweaker
* 1000+ posts is a Rock Star
* You may also notice some people are mods and admins. These cats run the message boards, monitor content, etc., and so you should listen to them. Some flops have also been granted honorary titles like "Badfish for Life" or "Social Retard" at their requests and the discretion of the board hierarchy.

What are these "Sublimespot Awards" I keep reading about?

* It's just what it sounds like, we vote on awards in different categories. Click here to see the 2003 Awards Thread.

Who's this Raleigh Theodore Sakers cat?

* The crazy guy from the Robbin' the Hood album. Much debate has been had over whether he's a real dude, or someone playing crazy. Click here and decide for yourself.

How can I join the Sublimespot Fan Files?

* Click here and check out the Sublimespot Fan Files. Then if you want to join our prestigious ranks, send your info including:

Name
User Name
Birthday
Fav Album
First Time you heard Sublime
Smoke Herb
Hobbies
And a pic if you so desire

Send it all to [url]sublimespot_fans@yahoo.com[/url]

What are the names of all the Sublime Albums? Bootlegs?

* Ok, the albums break down like this:

40 Oz. to Freedom (Released 1992)
Robbin' the Hood (Released 1994)
Sublime (Released July 30, 1996)
Second Hand Smoke (SHS)
Stand By Your Van (Released June 23, 1998)
Acoustic ~ Bradley Nowell and Friends (Released November 17, 1998)
Greatest Hits (Released November 9, 1999)

* As far as bootlegs go, there are tons. Check out Sublime Archive for some free downloads, and also Sublemon for bootlegs, videos and other cool stuff.

Where can I get Sublime Merchandise?

* Well you can get your official Sublimespot merchandise by clicking here.
* You can click some of the links at the top of the pages on the site and find cool Sublime related gear, and the Spot even gets some click thru rewards.
* Other places to find Sublime stuff:

Martian Church
Your local record store
Ebay
Hot Topic
Amazon
And many other places...

How can I support Sublimespot.com?

* The Spot always appreciates any donations you can make. You can use paypal (click the link on the front page)

How do I add a picture to my signature? Upload an avatar?

* Click here and read the thread on how to do all of those cool things and more.

Why is the song called April 29th, 1992, but in the song he says April 26? What's the deal? Why are these dates important anyways?

* As you may or may not know, Brad liked to dabble in the use of mind-altering substances such as drugs and alcohol. Therefore, a lot of times, you will here him do two different version of the same song, with messed up, mixed up lyrics. There are several threads in the Lyrics section discussing this. Now as far as the actual dates and their importance goes...

April 29, 1992 a jury acquitted 3 white police officers of their involvement in the video taped beating of a black man named Rodney King, and they reached no decision with regards to the charges against the fourth officer. During that time, the city of Los Angeles was very racially divided, and the verdict sent many people over the edge, resulting in the most damaging, wide spread riots in American History. The riots happened all across the country, but L.A. was by far the worst. Click here for some facts, and here too for some more info.

Who/what is KRS-ONE? What does it stand for?

* KRS-ONE is a rapper and musician. It stands for Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everything.

What does "187" mean?

*"187" is police radio code for homicide.

When is Brad/Eric/Bud's birthday?

*Brad is February 22, 1968, Bud is October 8, 1967, Eric is February 21, 1969. Math is fun.

What are some other bands that sound like Sublime or that have connections to Sublime? What about other Long Beach bands? Any tribute or cover bands?

-Long Beach DubAllstars

The band was formed by Bud, Eric, Opie, Ras-1...etc. after Brad's death. They are no longer recording. ( www.longbeachduballstars.com )

-Pepper ( www.pepperlive.com )

-Slightly Stoopid (Discovered and signed by Brad. www.slightlystoopid.com )

-Bfoundation ( www.thebfoundation.com )

-Long Beach Shortbus (Eric is with this group currently. www.skunk.com )

-Volcano (Bud is with this group currently. www.skunk.com )

-Dubcat ( www.skunk.com )

-Badfish-this is the tribute band ( www.badfish.com )

-There are alot more, bands like The Ziggens, Bad Brains, and tons more, just check out some of the different sections here.

This is a list of the more commonly known ones, however if you travel on over to www.sublimearchive.com you can find a TON of free music and lots of bands from the Skunk/Long Beach family. Also, they are the source for Sublime bootlegs.

Who are Matt and Kelly Vargas? Opie Ortiz?

*Here you will see a family tree with Kelly Vargas

http://www.geocities.com/secrettweeker/ ... amilytree/

Kelly Vargas was the drummer on slightly stoopid (19??-20??)

http://stoopidstp.tripod.com/band.htm

Matt Vargas is his brother.

I don't have any additional informantion other than that.

As for Opie, he's the guy who did alot of the bands tattoo's and cover art, so check this out:

http://sublimespot.com/sublime/guestboo ... hp?t=22429

FAQ maintained by D-FENZ42 and the Spot Mods-if you have any extra info, corrections, questions you think should be added, drop us a private message or shoot us an email.
5 Dollars wrote:butt plugs rule