DVDs....to buy or not to buy...

Here is a place to trade or find out where to get sublime stuff. That could be tapes, cds, shirts, posters whatever...
BigRedd

DVDs....to buy or not to buy...

Post by BigRedd » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:49 am

So I was bored and searching around ebay for sublime shit and i keep coming across all of the live, "rare" DVDs for sale. There's "peabody's down under" and "huntridge theatre" amongst others. I've seen all of these on ebay before but I dont know if it's worth it to do the ebay thing to buy the live shows and they're obviously just burned and shit. Is ebay worth it? I dont know how else i'd get the live shows on DVD. So, yeah...opinions? I feel repetitive....
You're not your fucking khakis.

Low_LiFe_40oz

Re: DVDs....to buy or not to buy...

Post by Low_LiFe_40oz » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:55 pm

BigRedd wrote:So I was bored and searching around ebay for sublime shit and i keep coming across all of the live, "rare" DVDs for sale. There's "peabody's down under" and "huntridge theatre" amongst others. I've seen all of these on ebay before but I dont know if it's worth it to do the ebay thing to buy the live shows and they're obviously just burned and shit. Is ebay worth it? I dont know how else i'd get the live shows on DVD. So, yeah...opinions? I feel repetitive....

The way it works is you usually buy some like those above. Then you have some and you burn them and trade for other burns.

I don't have either of those so if you bought either of those then i would trade you burns of ones that i have. You just have to get a couple then find people who will trade. I think they are worth it but trading makes it alot cheaper.

i have a dvd burner.

check http://www.sublimestuff.com still burns and i wouldn't buy any of the audio from there. I would stick to the dvd & vhs sections but they have lots of shows available all the time. I have bought from there before and recommend them as long as you know its gonna be a burn but atleast they give you a cover and a title menu and a sticker on the disc just cool lil stuff like that.
! ROME !

STILL STRAIGHT OUTTA LONG BEACH

CAN'T YOU SEE THERE IS HOPE HERE!

MastaDom14

Post by MastaDom14 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:17 pm

Tower Records lets you special order stuff like imports and rare stuff. U might wanna check that out
Brad lives on w/ all of us

Low_LiFe_40oz

Post by Low_LiFe_40oz » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:20 pm

MastaDom14 wrote:Tower Records lets you special order stuff like imports and rare stuff. U might wanna check that out

nah this is spread by the fans for the fans. Its just home video recordings of sublime playing shows no high budget corporate spread B.S. The only way they exist is because people copy them and sell/trade them.

the only things tower records will have are the 94-96 and STLE dvd's
! ROME !

STILL STRAIGHT OUTTA LONG BEACH

CAN'T YOU SEE THERE IS HOPE HERE!

BigRedd

Post by BigRedd » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:12 am

I see. Thanks. 8)
You're not your fucking khakis.

blunted

Post by blunted » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:20 pm

word. i just wanna add that i was all for that sublimestuff selling dvds just so i'd have that source among my other trading sources cuz i'm all about tracking this shit down, but after seeing the quality of their dvds, as far as the vhs dubs they came from, they suck. once i get a dvd burner i'll start circulating phat versions of that shit on here